Sunday, May 15, 2011

ooohh boy

In one week, I'll be in the Caribbean, working my ass off at an archaeological dig. God, I hope some of the students from England are good looking... I would definitely not complain... *coughcough* Being single might have its perks after all! :P (quite honestly, I think relationships are bullshit... too many women spread their legs for a  quick fuck that men just don't want relationships anymore. Welcome to reality women, time to start living that old saying... "if you can't beat em, join em". Couldn't be more true).

Scared to leave the cats though... I almost need them to fall asleep, as weird as that sounds. It's just part of the routine. I settle in, then Roxie jumps up on kneeds her blanket for a while, then the cats play chase for a few minutes... It's weird to have a quiet room.

I still need to lock down someone to take care of them between the 13th and 23rd... even thinking about this is making me feel queasy. Speaking of... I'm trying to acclimate my stomach to produce the enzymes to digest meat again (at least poultry) so that I don't have such an issue while traveling. Two bites of chicken ramen noodles I had last night was apparently all my stomach can take, because I thought I was going to puke when I woke up. ugh. I'll have to buy a few cups and just have two bites a day and hope by the time I get to Carriacou that anything made with chicken broth won't land me in the hospital. God help me if there's anything with red meat hidden in it... I don't need that experience again. Six hours straight of vomiting. So gross =\

 I also have to get my ass working uber hard before I leave. I've been slacking on working out the past few days because my lower back and hips (where the femoral head meets the acetabulum-ish area) has been hurting like a freaking bitch. Oddly enough, it didn't hurt there much the day after the 3.5 hour tennis match, but yesterday, I could barely do anything other than walk. I felt older than the 35 year old with the busted knee I played against... really? Really, it was that bad.

In other news, the graduation party for the anthro/bioarch girls went down today. Somehow, you think a bunch of girls that just graduated college would be slamming shots, but no.... behold! We played on the jungle gym at Christina's apartment, and played with hula hoops. While drinking beer of course. There was also a lot of Guitar Hero and Rock Band being played. The poor neighbors probably never want to hear "Living on a Prayer" after our rendition. We were obviously just THAT good >_>
I pretty much killed at the guitar. Quite literally, I killed my portion of the song because I just could not keep up with certain parts of songs. Other parts I rocked on, but not as many as the parts I missed beats and shit. Le sad :(

It was fun to talk to Christina's bf (Michael) about periods... and him having to remove a condom from a chick who couldn't get it out (when he worked at the hospital). I think I'd die before going to a hospital for that... that's just downright mortifying. Grab some chopsticks and Mr. Miyagi that shit... don't make some poor grad student do the dirty work for you lol!

 Ugh, alrighty, off to bed. Tired as hell after all that hard work rocking out on a fake guitar mwahaha ;)


Props to my buddy Andy who has been bullshitting with me for the past 2.5 hours about how awesome it is to be intelligent, but how much it fucks over your life, and how you view relationships (basically, they're pointless... glad we cleared that up! :P). Glad to have you as a friend for as long as I have!

~DH




No comments:

Post a Comment